Last Updated on 08/03/2021 by GS Staff
Yard House is owned by its parent company, Darden Restaurants. While you cannot purchase Yard House stock, you can buy shares of Darden Restaurants. However, an investment in Darden is an investment in much more than just Yard House as we will explain.
How Buy Yard House Stock?
Yard House stock is not publicly traded. However, the parent company of Yard House, Darden Restaurants, trades on the New York Stock Exchange. It trades under the ticker symbol DRI. Shares of Darden are readily available through most online brokers.
What Does Darden Restaurants Own?
Darden has several restaurant brands under its wing. These brands include the following:
- Olive Garden – The restaurant is known for its relatively budget friendly Italian cusines. Most dinner option are priced below $20.00 while most lunch entrées are under $10.00. Olive Garden is likely best known for its soup or salad and breadsticks that come with entrées. There are approximately 875 Olive Garden restaurants.
- LongHorn Steakhouse – Darden acquired LongHorn Steakhouse in 2007, however, the company had been in business since 1981. The restaurant serves not only steaks but a variety of main menu items such as chicken, burgers, ribs, fish, and pork chops. There are about 533 LongHorn Steakhouse restaurants.
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen – Cheddar’s was acquired by Darden in 2017. The restaurant strives to serve dishes that taste like they were prepared from the home kitchen. Some noteable menu items include country fried steak, pot pie, grilled salmon, and baby back ribs.
- The Capital Grille – The Capital Grille is a high-end restaurant with an average check per person of about $85.00. Menu items included dry aged steaks, tuna, salmon, crab cakes, and more. There are approximately 63 restaurants in many major cities across the United States.
- Seasons 52 – The restaurant focuses on seasonal menu options with the use of fresh ingredients. They offer 52 selections of wines served by the glass. The average check per person is roughly $46.50 making this a moderate to higher priced restaurant. There are around 44 Season 52 restaurants.
- Bahama Breeze – The restaruant speacializes in Caribbean-style cuisine with menu items including seafood, steaks, and chicken. The average per person check for the restaurant is about $31.00. Bahama Breeze has about 42 restaurants.
- Eddie V’s – Eddie V’s is a chain of fine dining restaurants. Menu items include options such as sea bass, filet mignon, scallops, lobster, king crab, and other high-end entrées. The average check per person for fiscal year 2021 was approximately $101. There were 26 Eddie V’s restaurants at the time of this article.
- Yard House – The chain has about 81 restaurants featuring American cusine such as burgers, street tacos, sandwiches, and more. The average check per person was around $32.00 in fiscal year 2021.
Based on the data above, Darden Restaurants is much more than just Yard House. You shouldn’t invest in Darden simply because you love Yard House. While Yard House is growing (67 restaurants in 2017 vs 81 restaurants in 2021), it is still one of the smaller components of the Darden portfolio of restaurant brands. Be sure to research the full company before considering a potential investment.
Darden Annual Report – Fiscal Year Ended May 30, 2021
Image Credit – quadell CC Attribution