Last Updated on 12/06/2020 by GS Staff
Q: Does Walgreens accept EBT Card (Food Stamps)?
Walgreens accepts EBT at some stores. The image below from the Walgreens website confirms that they take EBT at select locations.
Find a Walgreens that Takes EBT
Since EBT/SNAP is not accepted at all Walgreens, you will need to contact your local store to confirm if they take EBT. You can use the Walgreens “Find a Store” feature on their website to locate the contact information of the store you wish to visit.
Simply call the store with the number listed on the Walgreens website and ask if the location takes EBT or food stamps. Unfortunately, the Walgreens website does not list if a particular store takes EBT, which is why you need to directly contact the store regarding EBT. Of course, you also can visit a Walgreens and ask at the register if they take EBT Card for payment.
What You Can Purchase with EBT/SNAP
The USDA Food and Nutrition Service lists what can and cannot be purchased when using EBT/SNAP benefits:
- Meat, Poultry, and Fish
- Snack Foods (other foods)
- Seeds and Plants that produce food for household consumption
- Beer, Wine, Liquor, Tobacco, and Cigarettes
- Vitamins, Medicines, and Supplements
- Live Animals (except shellfish, fish removed from the water, animals slaughtered before store pick-up)
- Hot Foods
- Prepared food ready to eat
- Non-food items (i.e. pet food, cosmetics, food for pets, etc.)