Image Credit: Nicholas Eckhart via Flickr
A:Yes, Meijer does cash checks but there are limits and restrictions. You should consider the following information before cashing a check at Meijer.
Checks Not Accepted
Meijer does not accept the following types of checks:
- Post-Dated Checks
- Hand-written Payroll Checks
- Third-Party Checks
- Bank Checks
- Cashier’s Checks
- Starter Checks
Additional checks may not be acceptable. Check with your local Meijer customer service desk if you have questions about cashing a particular check.
Payroll & Government Checks
Meijer will cash payroll and government checks if the below criteria is met:
- You must first enroll in the Certegy verification system (a check risk management service), which takes approximately seven days. Once this process is complete you can begin to cash checks at Meijer. Visit the Meijer customer service desk for details.
- Payroll checks are limited to $1,000 and Government checks must be less than $2,000.
- Checks must be payable to you (the person cashing the check).
- The Check must feature the company name and address in print. It cannot be hand-written.
- Check must be dated within 30 days.
- A valid form of identification will be required.
Where To Cash Checks
- Checks are cashed at the Meijer customer service desk. This desk is typically located in front of the registers at Meijer stores.
- Fees vary. Check with your local Meijer regarding their check cashing fees. Generally, the fees will be under $5.