Q:Does Walmart own Lowe’s?
A:Walmart and Lowe’s are two separate publicly traded companies. Walmart trades under the stock symbol WMT and Lowe’s trades under LOW. While the companies share a similar blue and white logo color scheme and are often located next to each other, Walmart does not own Lowe’s. The two companies compete for sales in departments such as lawn and garden, paints, and seasonal merchandise.
Top Companies Owned by Walmart
Walmart owns a variety of other companies or brands outside of Walmart stores. Below we have listed the popular brands/companies that Walmart owns:
- Jet.com – online retailer similar to Amazon.com
- ASDA – second largest retailer in the United Kingdom
- Moosejaw – specializes in outdoor clothing and equipment
- Modcloth – women’s fashions
- Shoebuy.com – online shoe retailer
- Sam’s Club – the famous warehouse club that competes with Costco
Top 5 Institutional Holders of Lowe’s
- Vanguard Group 64,918,269 shares, 7.80%
- Blackrock 61,193,700, 7.35%
- State Street Corporation 36,180,648, 4.34%
- Megellan Asset Management 23,439,808, 2.81%
- Bank of America 17,253,327, 2.07%
The above data is as of September 29, 2017.
Image Credit: Mike Mozart