Last Updated on 09/14/2020 by GS Staff
Q: Does Walmart own Lowe’s?
Walmart and Lowe’s are two separate publicly traded companies. Walmart trades under the stock symbol WMT and Lowe’s trades under LOW. While the companies share a similar blue and white logo color scheme and are often located next to each other, Walmart does not own Lowe’s. The two companies compete for sales in departments such as lawn and garden, paints, and seasonal merchandise.
Top Companies Owned by Walmart
Walmart owns a variety of other companies or brands outside of Walmart stores. Below we have listed the popular brands/companies that Walmart owns:
- Jet.com – online retailer similar to Amazon.com (Now Discontinued)
- Art.com – consumer art sales
- ASDA – one of the largest retailers in the United Kingdom
- Allswell – mattresses, bedding, decor, and more
- Bonobos – men’s clothing
- Eloquii – plus-size retailer
- Hayneedle – furnishings and decor
- Moosejaw – specializes in outdoor clothing and equipment
- Modcloth – women’s fashions
- Shoes.com – online shoe retailer
- Sam’s Club – the famous warehouse club that competes with Costco
Top 5 Institutional Holders of Lowe’s
- Vanguard Group 135,308,543 shares, 4.77%
- Blackrock 88,427,054 shares, 3.12%
- State Street Corporation 69,761,343 shares, 2.46%
- Geode Capital Management 21,322,670 shares, 0.75%
- Bank of America 21,162,626 shares, 0.75%
The above data is as of June 29, 2020.