Kroger Money Orders
Yes, Kroger does sell money orders through Kroger Money Services. The company uses Western Union for their money orders. They can be obtain at the customer service desk of the store.
There are over 1,900 Money Services locations in the United States. To find one nearest you, visit https://www.moneyservices.com/money-orders/ and type in your state, city, or zip code in the “locations” sections of this webpage. The search will pull up Kroger stores near you that sell money orders.
Kroger Money Order Fees
The fees will vary based on location. Generally, you will pay about $0.70 for a money order when you use your shoppers card.
The maximum money order limit is $1,000 but it can lower at some locations. Additional money orders can be purchased if you need more than the maximum.
There is a $15 nonrefundable processing fee to cancel a money order with the original receipt. A $30 nonrefundable processing fee applies when the receipt is lost.
Kroger owns a family of other stores where a money orders can be obtained. Their stores include:
- City Market
- King Soopers
- Fred Myer
- Visit https://www.moneyservices.com/money-orders/ to find money order services at Kroger or any one of the above stores.
Other Money Services
In addition to money orders, you can also obtain other money services at Kroger or their family of stores. These services include:
- Bill Payment – Bring in your bill stub and account number with cash to cover the bill and fee. Click here to see a list of billers that can be paid through Kroger for a fee.
- Transfer Money – Send money domestically or internationally with Western Union.
- Cash Checks – Check cashing for payroll, government, tax refunds, insurance settlements, and businesses can be processed at Kroger for a fee. See https://www.moneyservices.com/check-cashing/ for additional details.
- Prepaid Cards – Cards can be loaded or reloaded with cash to be used online, at ATMs, or anywhere debit or credit cards are accepted. Fees will apply. Visit https://www.moneyservices.com/prepaid-cards/ for more details.
- Credit Card – Obtain a Kroger credit card to earn points toward free groceries with every purchase.
Feature Image: Nicholas Eckhart