Last Updated on 10/08/2021 by GS Staff
When you receive your Capital One card, you should be provided instruction on how to activate your card. You should activate your new card to prevent fraud. Activation only typically takes a couple of minutes and you can start using your card as soon as the activation process is complete.
Below explains how to activate your Capital One card:
How To Activate A Capital One Card
Before you activate your new card you will want to have the card in front of you for a reference. You will need your card number and the three-digit CVV code from the back of your card for activation. See our article on how to locate your CVV code if you are unsure where it is found on your card.
The way you activate your card will depend the type of card you obtained in the mail. Here is how to activate the following Capital One cards:
- Visit www.capitalone.com/support-center/credit-cards/activate
- Click the “Activate New Card Online” Button
- Create a new account or log in to your existing account.
- Once you log in, you will have an option to activate your card. You will need your CVV code off your credit card, which will be entered to activate your card.
Capital One Debit
- Sign in to your online account via capitalone.com or the mobile app
- Select the account associated with your debit card
- Find the active card button
- Click the Activate Your Card button and follow the steps
Mobile App Activation
Capital One offers a mobile app, which allows card activation. You can find the app on Itunes or via Google Play. You can activate a Capital One credit card or the Capital One 360 debit card with the app.
When Will You Receive Your Card?
Once you are approved for your Capital One card, it should arrive in the mail quickly. You should expect to receive your card within 7 business days. If you do not receive your new card within this time period, you may want to call Capital One to check on the status. Ultimately, you want to ensure that your card has not been lost or stolen. You can call Capital One customer service at 1-800-227-4825 for any questions.
Article Source: https://www.capitalone.com/support/
Image Credit: Petr Kratochvil